3D World Advent Calendar Day 16: Two exclusive 3ds Max tutorials from Digital-Tutors
3D World’s pre-Christmas giveaway continues! Today you can learn how to model and texture game props using 3ds Max
Every day between now and Christmas, 3D World and friends are giving away all sorts of goodies for you to enjoy, from free training to great models. Tell your friends and remember to visit every day to see what’s new in 3D World’s Advent Calendar.
Day 16: Two exclusive Digital-Tutors 3ds Max tutorials
Digital-Tutors and 3D World have partnered to bring you two free 3ds Max tutorials covering modelling and texturing game props using 3ds Max.
These two tutorials are free all weekend long and feature nearly four hours of free training.
Modelling Game Props in 3ds Max Tutorial
In this tutorial, you will learn the techniques for building low-resolution game assets in 3ds Max using a variety of modelling tools to build a piece of artillery. Upon completion, you’ll have a low resolution gun that you can then finish with some UV and texture work. You’ll also be able to apply the same techniques to building your own low resolution props.
Watch the Modelling Game Props in 3ds Max tutorial
Texturing Game Props in 3ds Max and Photoshop Tutorial
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the techniques for texturing assets in 3ds Max and Photoshop. Many of the details that we are unable to add when modelling can be simulated with textures. We’ll go through the process of preparing our model, an antitank gun, for texture by creating and assembling useable UV layouts. Upon completion, you’ll have a textured gun and will also have the knowledge you need to start creating textures for your own models.
Watch the Texturing Game Props in 3ds Max and Photoshop tutorial
Find more free tutorials from Digital-Tutors and check back next week for an exclusive Maya tutorial giveaway from 3D World and Digital-Tutors.
See all of the 3ds Max tutorials in the Digital-Tutors training library
3D World’s Advent Calendar: the story so far
- Day 15 offered 130 XFrog plant models XFrog
- Day 14 offered set of metal fences, from Pariah Studios
- Day 13 offered some video training on Maya’s Transfer Maps, from Escape Studios
- Day 12 offered an Introduction to SpeedTree, from cmiVFX
- Day 11 offered DAZ 3D EmotiGuy, from DAZ 3D
- Day 10 offered the Old Village model for Vue, courtesy of e-on software
- Day 9 offered a free set of Substances, courtesy of Allegorithmic
- Day 8 offered the training video Beginner’s Guide to Image Planes in Maya, courtesy of Digital-Tutors
- Day 7offered the Anime Star Fighter character model pack, courtesy of DAZ 3D
- Day 6 offered the training video Beginner’s Guide to 3ds Max, courtesy of Digital-Tutors
- Day 5 offered an Eames LCW Chair, from Pariah Studios
- Day 4 offered a Mixamo Animation Sampler Pack for M4 and V4.2, courtesy of DAZ 3D and Mixamo
- Day 3 offered some fantastic Unity training from Digital-Tutors
- Day 2 offered an HDRI set from Dutch Skies 360°
- Day 1 offered an awesome free model pack for Cinema 4D from GreyscaleGorilla
Make sure you visit the 3D World website again tomorrow to find out what’s behind door number 17!
on Friday, December 16th, 2011 at 10:36 am under Magazine.
You can subscribe to comments.
You can leave a comment, or trackback from your own site.
Tags: 3D World Advent Calendar giveaway, 3ds Max, Digital-Tutors, free training, modelling, texturing